Arri M40 HMI Lamp Head With Power Gems Ballast Kit
Please Check Stock Availability
- M40 2,500w or 4,000W Lamps
- HMI Head
- 4-Way Barndoor Set
- High Speed Ballast 4kW, 2.5kW, 1.8kW, 1.2kW
- 50' Head to Ballast Cable
- 50-100% Dimming
- DMX control
- Low Noise Mode
PRICE ON REQUEST
This ARRI M40 HMI SyStem contains all the basics that you'll need (except lamp) to get started with this great luminaire. A 50' head cable, 4-leaf barndoor set and a High Speed multi-voltage ballast are included along with the M40 head.
The ARRI M40 HMI Head is a location work horse. Whenever you need to punch light through a silk or bounce light off a reflective surface, an M40 is the ultimate answer. At the design stage, the interaction of lamp, reflector and converter lens was taken into consideration and computer simulated, resulting in unmatched performance. The M40 can be fitted with a 2,500 or 4,000W single-ended HMI lamp, making it a very versatile lighting fixture.
The M40 uses lensless MAX technology to combine the characteristics of a Fresnel and PAR source. With a focus range of 18 - 52°, normally only achieved with supplementary lenses, the M40 outperforms the brightness of its predecessor, the ARRISUN 40/25 by approximately 30% while throwing an even beam with sharp shadows. Innovations include CCL, which compensates for power loss when using long cables and Cross Cooling which separates the electronics from the lamp housing, thus ensuring greater longevity of the head and lamp.
Structurally, the M40 employs a robust, tubular steel yoke and disc brakes to safely lock down the head when tilting. The head weighs in 6.6 lb lighter than its predecessor due to intelligent design, while it's still able to use all of the ARRISUN 40/25's accessories. Don't worry about moist locations either; the M40 has an IP23 weather-resistant rating.
- The lamphead is equipped with a CCL module (compensation for cable loss). When operated with the ARRI EB 2.5/4 kW ballast with CCL, full power is maintained all the way to the lamp even when very long cables are used. This means uniformly high light output independent from cable length.
- Steel Yoke with two Disc Brakes
- In order to hold even the heaviest accessories safely in place, the M40 sports a tubular steel yoke and two disc brakes. A single, robust steel handle allows one-hand operation for tilting.
- Accessories Reusable
- The M40 has the same accessory diameter as the current ARRISUN 40/25 so that existing barndoors and scrims can be reused.
- Cross Cooling
- Like all True Blue ARRI lampheads, the 40 implements Cross Cooling and thus allows safe operation even at extreme tilt angles. The electronics housing is spaced apart from the actual lamp housing to keep temperatures down and prolong the lifetime of electronic components. It is easy to open and to maintain.
- IP 23
- For outdoor use the M40's IP23-rated weather resistance withstands even driven rain.
The Power Gems High Speed Ballast EB425P
A high specification Power Factor Corrected 4,000W ballast which can operate on any supply voltage worldwide, and operate up to 4 different lamp powers.Output Power Options 4kW, 2.5kW, 1.8kW, 1.2kW
It comes complete with DMX control and 4 output speed options including 1000Hz for High Speed shooting.
The ballast is built using a unique modular system which means that the main power electronics can be simply unplugged interchanged even with modules from our 1,800 or 800W products.
4 Output Speed Options (including 1000 Hz)
4 Output Power Options 4kW, 2.5kW, 1.8kW, 1.2kW
|Rating||2,500 to 4,000W|
|Lamp Type||HMI 2500 or 4000 W/SE G38|
|Color Temperature||6,000K (with optional lamp)|
|Lens (Condenser)||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Accessory Size||15.8" (40.1 cm)|
|Mounting||1 1/8" (28 mm) Male stand mount|
|Power Requirements||100 - 240 VAC|
|Photometrics||With 4,000W Lamp
|Certifications||NRTL-US-C, CE, TÜV GS, CB|
|IP Rating||IP23 - weather resistant|
|Weight||75 lb (34 kg)|
|Dimensions||29 x 20.1 x 18.4" (734 x 511 x 468 cm)|
|Package Weight||52.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||26.0 x 26.0 x 23.5"|
|Max Lamp Power||4000W|
|Output Frequency Options||1000Hz, 300Hz, 100Hz, Silent Mode|
|Current Draw||19.6A@230C, 37.5A@120V|
|DMX Built In||Yes|
|Output Power Options||4kW, 2.5kW, 1.8kW, 1.2kW|
|Input Voltage Range||95-265V AC|
|Max Ambient Temperature||45°C/113°F|
In the BoxM40 HMI Head
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty Note: Bulb not included
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock