Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L USM Macro Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- Life-Size (1:1) Macro Magnification
- Ultra-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Focus Motor
- Focus Range Limiter
- Dustproof and Moisture Proof Sealing
- Truly Circular Diaphragm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 12"
The EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens from Canon is the L-series version of Canon's popular 100mm Macro lens. As an L-series lens it offers the utmost in optical construction, including ultra-low dispersion lens elements and moisture and dustproof seal structure on the barrel. Its 100mm focal length is effective for portraiture and other telephoto applications and as a macro lens with 1:1 magnification and a 12" minimum focus distance, it is ideal for life-size close-up imaging.
The lens features Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization with up to 4-stops of shake control for effective low light capture and with the vibration gyro and acceleration sensor it compensates for both angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting. An ultrasonic focus motor (USM) provides quick and quiet auto-focusing and full-time manual focus override enables precise manual focus eve in AF mode. A focus range limiting function offers three distance ranges to control the range in which the AF looks for focus, thus reducing focusing time. Internal focus system means that the barrel does not extend when focusing, which is crucial when shooting macro.
This lens includes a dedicated lens hood and is compatible with an optional Canon tripod collar and Canon Macro Ring Lite.
- Tele-Macro Focal Length: The convenient 100mm focal length of the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens allows for a comfortable shooting distance between the camera and subject, and less chance of shadow interference when shooting at closer focusing ranges.
- Life-Size Image Reproduction: The lens allows for continuous focusing down to 1:1 life-size magnification. Optional extension tubes can increase this ratio for even greater magnification.
- L-Series Optical Quality: As a Canon L-series optic, the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens can be counted among the sharpest, best-built, weatherproof optics available for Canon EOS SLR cameras.
- Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization: With the vibration gyro and acceleration sensor, the hybrid image stabilization system is effective for close-up shots. With a 4-stop compensation the IS enables blur-free images when shooting telephoto in low light and when working close-up in macro mode.
- Quick and Quiet Focusing: By incorporating an ultrasonic focus motor, Canon has improved the speed and reduced the noise levels of the lens's autofocus system, while still allowing for full-time manual override.
- Focus Range Limiter: Focusing distance range can be selected with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shortened. The three focusing ranges are 1-1.6', 1.6'-infinity and the full range of 1' to infinity.
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 160 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||24°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1' (30.48 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Tripod Collar||Optional Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.06 x 4.84" (7.77 x 12.29 cm)|
|Weight||1.38 lb (625 g)|
In the BoxCanon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock