Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/4-22
- Three Aspherical Elements, One Super UD
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Manual Focus Override
- Water and Dust Resistant
- Internal Zooming and Focusing
- Truly Circular Diaphragm
- 77mm Front Filter Diameter
- Rear Holder for Three Gel Filters
The EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens from Canon is a high quality "L" series wide angle zoom lens for full frame and APS-C size DSLR cameras. It combines one high-precision molded glass aspherical element and two replica aspherical lenses to achieve the extended zoom range, while also correcting for common aberrations that arise during zooming. A Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes the chromatic aberration of magnification which tends to occur with wide-angle lenses, to help eliminate color bleed along the edges of the subject and achieve high image contrast and resolution.
The lens' minimum focusing distance is just 11" (28cm) throughout its entire range of focal lengths, which makes it very useful for close-up work. All of the focusing and zooming action is done internally, with no changes in the size of the lens. Its ultrasonic autofocus motor enables smooth and silent autofocus action and manual focus override in One Shot AF mode allows precise manual focusing without switching into MF mode.
It only uses lead-free optics to help the environment, and features a circular diaphragm for improved background blur. The housing is water and dust resistant to help ensure reliable performance for both professionals and enthusiasts. Like many "L" lenses, it uses 77mm filters, but also has a rear gelatin filter slot behind the lens mount that can hold three gel filters.
This lens is a Canon 'EF' series lens, indicating it is for use with full-frame cameras. However, it also works with APS-C format DSLRs and offers a 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-64mm, making it an ideal medium-aperture standard zoom lens.
- A super wide-angle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR and 35mm film cameras that offers a 27-64mm focal length equivalent when used on APS-c size sensors.
- Uses three aspherical lens elements and Canon Super UD ultra-low dispersion glass for reduced aberrations and overall sharp, high contrast imaging
- An ultrasonic autofocus motor provides fast, smooth and quiet AF action, particularly important when shooting video.
- Manual focus override enables precise manual focusing even when in One Shot AF mode.
- Internal zooming and focusing systems
- As a Canon "L" series lens it provides professional levels of moisture and dust resistance.
- Circular aperture diaphragm for better, more natural looking background blurring
- Accepts 77mm filters, as well as gelatin filters at the rear of the lens.
|Focal length||17 - 40mm
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 27 - 64 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||104° - 57° 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||None|
|Magnification||11.02" (28 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Filter thread||Front:77 mm
|Dimension (dxl)||Approx. 3.29 x 3.81" (83.5 x 96.8 mm)|
|weight||1.05 lb (475 g)|
|Package weight||1.85 lb|
|Box dimension(LxWxH)||7.0 x 5.5 x 5.5"|
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock