Canon EF 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM Lens (With R1000 Canon Cash Back)
Please Check Stock Availability
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/4.0-22
- Two UD & Two Super UD Lens Elements
- Dual Aspherical Lens Elements
- Hybrid Image Stabilization (IS)
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Macro Mode with 0.7x Magnification
- Weather Resistant to Dust & Moisture
- Fluorine Coatings Reduce Fingerprints
- Zoom Lock Lever
Purchase this item before 24 December 2019 and you can claim back R1000 of your purchase. To claim your cashback simply visit Canon's promotional website here.
Please note that the cashback promotion is on a claim basis done through Canon South Africa.
OverviewThe EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens from Canon is optimized for full-frame 35mm sensors, and another entry into Canon's high quality L-series of lenses. It has two Super Ultra-low Dispersion (Super UD) and two standard UD lens elements working together to minimize chromatic aberrations, and reduce color blurring around the edges of your subject. Its two types of aspherical elements combine to help reduce spherical aberration over the entire image area and the full zoom range. Optimized lens coatings help ensure exceptional color rendering while minimizing ghosting.
Its ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) and high-speed CPU, with optimized AF algorithms, ensure you experience quick, quiet and precise autofocusing whenever you need it. The lens has improved dust and water resistance to protect it from damage outdoors, while fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens surfaces resist fingerprints and smearing. The circular nine-bladed diaphragm delivers beautiful, soft background effects. A zoom lock lever holds the zoom position at the 24mm wide end for safe transporting while attached to an EOS DSLR camera over the shoulder - preventing lens creep.
- Hybrid Image Stabilization (IS): Introducing image stabilization to their 24-70mm L-series lenses, Canon's Hybrid IS provides four stops of effective shutter speed compensation for both types of camera shake when shooting macro photography: angular and shift. This means you can shoot in dimmer conditions, capturing images with shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible.
- Dual UD & Super UD Lens Elements: This lens' optical design utilizes two Super UD and two UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration in the edges of your wide-angle shots. It also eliminates color blurring around the edge of your subjects, for images with greater resolution and contrast.
- Dual Aspherical Lens Elements: In addition to the UD elements, this lens combines two types of aspherical lenses to reduce spherical aberration and achieve high image quality across both the entire screen area and throughout the full 24-70mm zoom range.
- Ring-Type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM): A ring-type USM and high-speed CPU with optimized AF algorithms enable silent and fast autofocusing to help you focus right on the action.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.25': This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 1.25' (0.38 m) across the entire zoom range, excluding the macro mode.
- Macro Mode With 0.7x Magnification: Full macro shooting is possible thanks to the Macro Mode Switch. With up to 0.7x magnification, it is easily accessible with a one-touch switch at the 70mm telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Manual Focus Override: In One Shot Autofocus mode manual focus can be applied for exacting precision.
- Weather Resistant to Dust & Moisture: This lens is highly resistant to dust and water, allowing you to shoot in harsh conditions when necessary.
- Fluorine Coatings Reduce Fingerprints: Fluorine coatings on both the front and rear lens surfaces resist smears and fingerprints.
- Zoom Lock Lever: Keep your lens from unintentionally extending, or creeping, when you don't want it to with the Zoom Lock lever. It locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting, when the lens is most compact.
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades: With nine circular blades, the lens' diaphragm delivers soft, pleasant bokeh background effects.
|Focal length||24 - 70mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View||84° - 34°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.25' (.38 m)|
|Magnification||0.21 - 0.7x|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1.4|
|Filter thread||Front:77 mm|
|Dimension (dxl)||Approx. 3.28 x 3.66" (83.4 x 93 mm)|
|weight||1.32 lb (600 g)|
|Package weight||2.15 lb|
|Box dimension(LxWxH)||8.0 x 5.25 x 5.25"|
In the Box
- Lens Cap: E-77 II
- Lens Hood: EW-83L
- Lens Case/Pouch: LP1219
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on firstname.lastname@example.org , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock