Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens
Please Check Stock Availability
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 56mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- 1 Glass-Molded Aspherical Element
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Hybrid IS Image Stabilization
- Built-In Macro Lite LED
OverviewCharacterized by its unique design and close-up capabilities, the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM from Canon is a 56mm-equivalent prime lens designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Offering a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a 5.1" minimum focusing distance, this lens further distinguishes itself with an integrated Macro Lite LED on the front of the lens to provide additional illumination to close-up subjects. Aiding its ability to reproduce small subjects at life size, the optical design incorporates one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations in order to provide a high degree of sharpness and clarity.Benefitting the optical attributes is a Hybrid IS image stabilization system that serves to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper results when working handheld and in difficult lighting conditions. A lead screw-type STM stepping motor also benefits handling by producing fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video applications. This AF motor can be manually overridden at any time by turning the dedicated focusing ring for making fine-tuned adjustments.
- Standard macro prime designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs, this lens offers a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- One glass-molded aspherical element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and deliver a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
- Maximum 1:1 magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 5.1" permits making life-size imagery of close-up subjects.
- Built-in front-facing Macro Lite LED can be used to produce additional illumination to subjects when working at close distances. The light can be configured to illuminate only the right or left side, or both sides, and the brightness can be adjusted in order to produce greater visual depth and reduce shadows caused by the close proximity of the lens to the subject.
- Hybrid IS image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Lead-screw-type STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) lets you instantly switch to manual focus control in AF made for making fine-tuned adjustments.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm and bright f/2.8 maximum aperture help to render smooth and pleasing bokeh to benefit shallow depth of field imagery.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 56 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Angle of View||42° 35'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||5.12" (13 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.72 x 2.20" (69.2 x 55.8 mm)|
|Weight||6.70 oz (190 g)|
In the BoxCanon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens
- EF-S35 Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cape E
- ES-27 Lens Hood
1. FREE Standard Shipping
Free Economy Shipping is available on all orders exceeding R5,000. (T&C's apply)
*Terms and conditions to qualify for free shipping:
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
2. SWE Courier Service (local)
We use SWE couriers as our preferred method of delivery.
Your parcel is well packaged and handled with care while in transit.
Shipping charges are all depended on the following:
- Volumetric and Physical weight
- Courier Option
If Item is in stock, your item can be delievered between 1-2 Business Days - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time.
If Item is being collected from our suppliers, you item can be deeilevr between 2-7 Business Days - To all areas.
If the item has been pre-ordered for you, this can take anything from 4 - 8 weeks.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
3. UPS Courier Service (International)
International orders are generally subject to local import duties and taxes (VAT)
DT Sales is not responsible for, nor can we offer, any specific advice regarding any customs related fees that you may incur. For specific information, please consult with your local government import office.
Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. We strive to exceed your expectations for privacy. Cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs authorities. We may also be called upon to provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers. Carriers may communicate such information to customs authorities for the purpose of facilitating customs clearance and compliance with local laws.
International shipments are quoted on a per order basis depending on the size and weight of the parcel shipped.
4. Collect from DT Sales in Durban
You are welcome to place your order online, pay for it and collect it from our Durban branch. You will need to bring in a print out of the order for collection. Please ask for Louise in Sales on arrival.
DT Sales - Durban
Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 5PM
5 Nunhead Road,
Should you require anything else that is not on our Website, please email or phone on email@example.com , +27 31 261-6961 as this website is mainly for Catalouge purposes and an indication of what we sell.
Before making an order, please phone (031) 261-6961 to make sure there is available stock